This post was requested by a friend on Facebook and I definitely feel it is a great idea. There’s so much choice at the moment, but how do you even know whether BB Cream, Foundation or Moisturiser are the right product for you? Here I am going to give a quick guide to the pros and cons of each to enable you to make a decision on which is best for you.
- Smooths the skin and improves the skin quality.
- Products are available for every skin type from dry to oily.
- Should be used as part of a twice daily skin care routine.
- Provide a great base for foundation and helps it last all day.
- Used alone, moisturiser does not provide any coverage of blemishes.
- Provides full coverage of uneven skin and blemishes when used correctly.
- Available in many different shades to suit all skin types.
- Comes in powder, liquid, mousse or cream.
- Many last all day without a problem.
- Can cause blemishes if it doesn’t suit your skin, it is always a good idea to have a foundation free day each week to allow the skin to breathe.
- If applied to heavily it can look obvious that you are wearing it and that’s not a good look!
- Comes in a limited number of shades and adapts to your skin colour so it is easier to choose your shade. (Light, medium or dark)
- Moisturises whilst giving a light coverage.
- Multi-tasker, can use instead of moisturiser so no need for both which is great for oily skin.
- Originally invented in 1960 for medical use to reduce inflammation and redness around scars so it is also great for that.
- Many contain vitamin C and antioxidants which are both really good for the skin.
- Blend into the skin with no hassle, no nasty foundation lines!
- Can save money as it can be used as a primer, foundation, concealer and moisturiser.
- The coverage isn’t as good as a foundation when used alone. Best results when a powder is used to set it.
- Formula is usually quite thick so not always best for acne-prone skin.
I hope this has been helpful and if you have any questions let me know!