Day 3 of the September blog-a-day challenge started with the exciting news that I now have 300 wonderful followers. I think I’ll do another giveaway at 500 followers. I’ve been blogging 10 and 1/2 weeks and I still can’t get pver the fact that people actually read what I write!
Anyway, into today’s post. I take so many things when I travel so I decided to just show 7 of them. I tend to over-pack and take everything including the kitchen sink, you just never know when you’re going to need that bright pink eye liner you bought when you were 13.
- The Body Shop All-in-One BB Cream is multi-purpose, I use it in place of my moisturiser and foundation in the morning saving my precious space in my bag and time for enjoying my time away.
- I always have a concealer with me, I’m currently using an MUA one and it’d be one I took travelling as it’s cheap and easily replaceable.
- Nail polish, I always take the nail polish I’m wearing seeing as I’m prone to chipping and I’m guaranteed to need to touch them up.
- They’re Real – this mascara literally goes everywhere with me, I may be busy travelling but that doesn’t mean I can let my lashes go!
- L’Occitane Hydration Cream – I always take a sample size moisturiser with me for night time skin-care. I take a full skin regime but this is the most important part for me as I get really dry skin.
- DKNY Be Delicious Perfume – This is my all-time favourite perfume and it holds a lot of memories from weekends away so I always refill and take along my sample size one whenever I travel.
- Lip Balm – The Figs and Rouge Lip Balm is a current favourite as it works really well but can also double up as a cheek tint,
There are literally so many more products I take but we’d be here all day! Hope you’re all having a good Tuesday!
Reviewed by Tams
I personally don’t understand how a lip balm could get so much hype, after all it is just a lip balm, there are thousands of those available. However, I decided to give it a go to see if there really was anything special about it.
Unfortunately, I was right, it is just a lip balm. It does smell amazing, actually I want to eat it. This one – Cherry Me – smells like cherry pie, one of my favourite desserts! That alone is a good reason to buy it. I only bought the one as I wasn’t sure they were for me.
They are a little more pigmented than some others but if you’re buying it as an alternative to a lipstick you’d be very disappointed. It is probably ideal for those of us that are less inclined to where bold lipsticks. Put it this way, if I had a daughter who was around 10 this is about the level of makeup I’d let her have.
It does feel really nice on, I just don’t think it needs to be pigmented at all, it’s not enough to wear alone but too much to wear with anything else for me. As for the 8 hour hydration it’s gone within 2. I’m sure it continues to hydrate after that but 8 hours is probably pushing it a bit.
I’d recommend this product for the younger generation but unfortunately it just wasn’t for me. Sorry!
Try it: £2.99 available from Boots and Superdrug
Reviewed by Tiffany, written by Tams
Preaching to the converted
Waterproof lip liner I hear you say, or maybe that’s just me but I haven’t come across any waterproof lip liners and as such was curious to see if this lived up to expectation. When it arrived it wasn’t a colour I’d normally use so I handed it over to the capable hands of Tiffany to give it a test drive and she’s come back with a glowing report!
I hate having to re-do my lip make-up when I’m out for a meal, who has time for endless trips to the ladies room? Finally here is a solution! First things first though, Tiffany commented that this lip liner was really easy to use and soft leaving an even and beautiful result. As well as being pretty the colour is fairly neutral and could be used under a wider range of lipsticks than we first thought.
Tiffany was impressed at how well this lip liner lasted, it was still perfect even after eating and drinking, she just topped up a bit of lip gloss each time, saving minutes!
Tiffany would recommend this lip liner to anyone and everyone, having confessed she doesn’t usually use lip liner she is now converted. Hoorah!
What she loved most: The pencil was very soft and easy to use.
Try it: RRP £8, www.helen-e.com