So I’ve just moved to wordpress.org though I’m posting on my wordpress.com one now. I have a request in at .com for now to move my current subscribers over but I have a few questions so if anyone has made the move and can help I’d be most grateful!
- How long does it take them to move my followers?
- Can I still be found on the reader when I post on my self hosted site?
- Can new wordpress.com readers follow me in the same manner they do now or do they have to sign up by email?(Instead of clicking one button) If so how have you overcome this and what effect has it had on your follower growth?
- Will I be better off forgetting wordpress.org and just staying here? I moved so that I can turn it into a business eventually (hopefully) which I can’t do here.
I’d be so grateful for some advice from those who have made the move! Thank you in advance!
To enable us to be bigger and better we’ve had to move. WordPress.com is very limited when you are trying to grow a blog into a business (eventually) and we felt it was time we shipped over to wordpress.org! Please bare with us while we move all you lovely followers over, if you like you can head over and follow us while you are waiting! We can now be found at nakedbeautyblog.com.
I hope you’ll all still support us in this move and enjoy the posts!
Seeing as I just ran out of my favourite hand cream (The Body Shop Almond hand cream) I decided to do my positives about blogging. It’s good to change things up once in a while anyway!
So these are the positives I found to blogging in the 11 weeks (tomorrow) that I’ve been blogging:
- Community – There’s quite a few bloggers on here that I now consider to be ‘blogger friends’, you are all so amazing and the community feel to blogging is addictive and unique. I look forward to reading other people’s posts and getting to know them through their writing. I hope to meet some of you at a blogger meet up in the future.
- Discovery – I adore finding new products and I trust what the bloggers are writing about them. It helps me to stay in the loop and stumble upon products I wouldn’t otherwise have done.
- Writing – I love to write and I have a huge passion for this blog. It is already helping me to find my own writers voice and the daily practice is not only fun but valuable experience for the career I aim to do.
- Creativity – I’m getting the hang of making my posts better, I like trying to think of new post ideas as much as I like trying new products to review. I’m getting used to editing my photos to make them stand out more too.
- Satisfaction – I get a huge sense of satisfaction when people like and comment on my posts, it’s always good to feel appreciated and to know people actually do read and care about what you write. It’s satisfying seeing my hard work paid off in numbers of followers and views. I think I’ll always be excited to hear from my followers and I do try to reply to each comment as soon as possible. If any have slipped through, I’m sorry!
What are your positives of blogging?
A huge thank you to Beauty & Makeup and Intraordinary for their nominations for The Versatile Blogger award this weekend, I decided to do them in one post due to timing and I hope nobody minds too much!
How it works
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
15 Deserving Blogger Nominations
7 Interesting things about me
- I had half a set of extra teeth which had to be removed when I was a teenager, weirdly gross but interesting none the less!
- I like to run until I feel sick, that’s when you know you’ve worked hard.
- I volunteer on a youth bus in my area which is a lot of fun.
- I love M&M’s more than life itself.
- I also have a Christian blog, but I don’t update that so often and it’s more personal.
- Matilda says I’m the best colleague in the whole wide world… I won’t tell you how much I paid her to say that.
- I love my job, mostly. It gets quite stressful at times!
I look forward to seeing all your interesting things!
The lovely Christine at dolls house blog kindly nominated me for the Liebster award yesterday. It’s very exciting to have been tagged in this, its a great way to discover new blogs and be seen. This award exists to help new up and coming bloggers and is open to new bloggers with under 200 followers.
In order to participate the following rules must be followed:
- Nominees must answer 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated them.
- You need to choose 11 blogs with under 200 followers to pass the award onto and let them know you have nominated them by commenting on their blog.
- Come up with 11 new questions for them to answer.
- What is your favourite high street store? Tricky one! I use New Look a lot as it’s so close to work but I love Miss Selfridge.
- What is the most expensive piece of clothing / accessory you have bought? My wedding dress! It was a Chanticleer dress that retails at £1640, it was worth it!
- Why did you first start blogging? I love to write and I love all things beauty so I decided to combine my passions!
- In 5 years time where do you see yourself? Still blogging, working higher up in the same company I work for now and another child. Got to stay busy right?
- Flats or heels? Flats, I wear heels like twice a year even though I own around 30 pairs of heels, they look pretty sitting there!
- What is your favourite era of fashion and why? ’50s because it was elegant yet fun.
- What is your go to brand for beauty? Benefit – they’ve never let me down!
- What is your favourite season for fashion – Spring / Summer or Autumn / Winter and why? Autumn/Winter – Cosy jumpers and lovely knits make me very happy indeed!
- What is your favourite quote? “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
- Which city do you think is the most fashion forward? London
- Describe yourself in 3 words – Passionate, determined, stubborn
The 11 blogs I nominate are as follows:
The questions for my nominees to answer are:
- If you were an animal what would you be and why?
- What is your go-to beauty product?
- What is best hair colour you’ve rocked?
- Bags or shoes?
- What is your favourite perfume?
- Chinese or Indian takeaway?
- What is your favourite book?
- What song acts as your ‘Mr Motivator’?
- What was the first music single you bought?
- What is your best beauty tip?
- Who is your style icon?
Hope you all enjoy doing this as much as I did!